There is something so raw and brutal and fantastically dark about this series that lends itself to the narration by Carol Prekopp – which is spot-on, by the way.
“In the middle of the sheet I drew a little house with one window and a door and a metal chimney poking through the pitched roof. Woodsmoke puffed into the summer sky.”
“I stalked around the edge of the wood, crouching low, holding my breath. My attention was microscopically fierce. I’d become a thing of eyes and will alone. Mabel held her wings out from her sides, her head snaking, reptilian, eyes glowing. It felt like I was holding the bastard offspring of a flaming torch and an assault rifle.”
“First let me say thank you for deciding to listen. I’ve thought so many times about our last encounter, and how I wish I’d made a different choice. In the end, it wouldn’t have changed most of what happened- that was already done.”
Jasmine Warga, author of ‘My Heart and Other Black Holes’ has very kindly written us a guest post on Teen Mental Health and Depression.
“I would be able to stand and walk back through the trees into the clearing and hear the regular beat of the axe as my father chopped the wood, and I would call out to him ‘Squirrel for dinner!’ And tomorrow afternoon, I would meet Reuben in the rock forest. He would be lounging against…
Today we’re talking about our top essentials for productivity. Now, I am by no means an expert at this. As a student, 99% of my time is devoted to procrastination whilst the remaining 1% tends to be last-minute essay panic sessions which drag into the early hours of the morning.
“I wanted so badly for there to be more. I ached for there to be more than my crappy little life.’ He shakes his head. ‘And there was more. I just couldn’t see it.” Published: May 2014 Publisher: Walker Books Genre: YA Fiction My copy of More Than This has the quote “Just read it”…